The Illuminerdi has reported that the fourth film from the Expendables franchise will be a spinoff titled Expendables: A Christmas Story. The film is reportedly in the development stage by Millennium Films, but unlike previous films, this spinoff will make Jason Statham the main character. Stallone also reportedly will only have a smaller portion in the film later. The plan, this film will soon enter its production period in 2020. Of course with the closer production schedule of this film, they will soon reveal who other actors will be involved.
What’s interesting here is the role of Stallone in the film later, considering he was previously the main character in every film Expendables. Stallone himself has ended his role in the films Creed 2 and Rambo: Last Blood. Previously in the film Expendables 3 too, it seems the film has arranged for younger stars to take over the film. So is this a sign that Stallone’s role in the Expendables franchise will soon end and be replaced by other actors?
Expendables Franchise itself began in the summer of 2010. The film tells the story of a group of mercenaries led by Stallone. But not only Stallone who starred in this film because a number of legendary action film stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Statham, Jet Li, and Dolph Lundgren also joined. This film is considered a tribute to the action film in the 80s which made Stallone and many of his colleagues famous. The Expendables film even made a profit of more than 274 million dollars worldwide.
The sequel also added top action stars like Jean Claude Van Damme and Chuck Norris. But unfortunately, the third film from Expendables ended with disappointment in 2014. The third film received a lot of criticism because the film was adjusted for the PG-13 rating. Stallone finally regretted and since then the Expendables franchise has not been heard from again. But finally with the emergence of the news of the fourth Expendables film, then, of course, this is what fans of the Expendables await.
For those of you who are fans of the animated film Pixar, don’t forget to watch the Onward film, starring Tom Holland and Chris Pratt. Tells the story of a brother who is adventurous looking for magic. This Dan Scanlon film gets a score of 85% on the Rotten Tomatoes website.
– The story in the film Onward was inspired by the director Dan Scanlon who lost his father when he was a child. In this film, the character Ian tries to meet his father within 24 hours and must find a magical gemstone. If you want to watch how Ian struggles to meet his father, you can watch it on https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/20/disney-pixar-onward-streaming/
– Julia Louis-Dreyfus played the voice of the Laurel Lightfoot character. Julia had previously voiced in the animated film Pixar A Bug’s Life (1998) as Princess Atta.
– You know, Ian Lightfoot’s character design is based on the character Alfredo Linguini from the film Ratatouille (2007), which is also from Pixar.
– Onward film, is the second film produced by Dan Scanlon. Previously he directed the film Monster University (2013), which is also animated Pixar.
– Onward became Pixar’s first film without the involvement of John Lasseter, after his departure as CEO of Disney’s Animation Areas.
Calling horror movie lovers! What are the March 2020 horror films that you can watch in theaters?
For those of you fans of horror films from South Korea, there is a new one called The Closet. Tells the story of Sang-won and Ina moving to a new house. They often hear terrible sounds from inside a cupboard. Until one day, Ina disappears without a trace and Sang-won has to ask for paranormal help. Starring Ha Jung-woo (Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds) and Kim Nam-Gil (Memoir of a Murderer).
A Quiet Place Part II
The film A Quiet Place Part II will soon appear in theaters this March. Tells of the Abbott family who is now facing terror outside the world. They are aware that creatures that hunt by voice are not the only threat. Starring Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Cillian Murphy, the film is planned to air in the third week and become a March 2020 horror film that cannot be missed.